Good day to Everyone,
The Water Users Coalition, (WUC) wanted to reach out to our membership and inform you of what is going on behind the scenes, with our advisory council and our membership. The Corona Virus has taken center stage with everyone for now. Please consider going to the following links https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html for up to date corona virus information.
Please follow the local, state and federal guide lines to be safe!
Our annual membership meeting has been postponed until further notice. Below is a few of the items we are working on.
The WUC will be asking the AWBD candidates the following five questions this year. We will send out the answers from each candidate, via handout and web site.
- In a few words, what do you think is the most important thing we need to do (focus on) in order to ensure AWBD is a sustainable organization?
- What would you do as an AWBD trustee to help MUD/PUDs?
- How can we enhance AWBD’s efforts of educating the public, the press, other media, and other government officials about the true value of MUDs?
- The 2020 AWBD LEGISLATIVE PRINCIPLE # 11 states the following: AWBD opposes any effort to shift responsibility of maintenance for road or related facilities, including storm sewers located within the right of ways or within related easements dedicated to the public or a county, from counties to water districts. DO YOU AS A CANDIDATE SUPPORT PRINCIPAL # 11 AS CURRENTLY WRITTEN? YES___ NO ___ Please comment on your answer.
- What in particular would you like to achieve as an AWBD Trustee?
The WUC is also working with the AWBD Local Government Sub Committee on the following topics of concern.
- Local Agency maintenance of facilities – Example: County maintenance of roadways and drainage systems becoming the responsibility of a MUD.
- Counties beginning to request monetary participation in upgrades/repair of drainage systems and roadways.
- Operator concerns with compliance issues, violations, and inspections from the TCEQ.
- Emergency Response Plans, (ERP) we are looking at the possibility of enhancing the ERP and improve upon alert communication from the North Harris County Regional Water Authority and other water purveyors.
Thank you for your continued support! We will notify you when we schedule our next annual meeting.